Sunday, June 30, 2013

DIY Braided Bracelet




Braids are all the rage these days. Check out the latest magazines or internet sites like Pinterest and you will find braids showing up in hairstyles as well as fashion and accessories…They are everywhere and so I was inspired to create my own “braided” accessory, a bracelet.



It is made of miscellaneous bits of fabric from an old t-shirt, ribbon, beads, and a bit of chain from an old costume bead and chain necklace. I love taking items that might otherwise be tossed out and repurposing them.





Armed with a variety of scrap materials, a few jewelry findings, scissors and glue and I was able to create a pretty cool bracelet. The t-shirt was white and I used a bit of fabric dye to create a new color: turquoise, another hot color trending this season.  I now have a hot new one of kind bracelet and you can too. It so easy and so much fun.  I couldn’t wait to share.


Hope to update this post with step by step tutorial eventually but I know some “crafty creatives” out there will be inspired by pictures to come up with your OAK braided bracelet; I bet you can figure it out yourself...
Now go get Fashionably Crafty ;-)

Remember Tutorial coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

/*dlb-pinterest hover-pin-it button-start */ /*dlb-pinterest hover-pin-it button-end */